Our Quaint Village of Greenport!
Welcome to our home turf! Greenport Village has a very interesting history. Originally a whalers refuge and ship builders home. Now a restaurant Mecca! We chose Greenport Village as our Barbecue Restaurant home base. Greenport was first found in 1682. The village was called Winter Harbor, Stirling, and Green Hill ( note our name) and it was incorporated in 1838. Greenport since 1844, has been the most eastern terminal station on the north fork for the Long Island Rail Road.
We have really old houses!
The historic district of the Greenport village holds around 254 wood-framed structures. A aerial view shows that the buildings are not set in a traditional grid style, but rather in a fan-shaped design that spreads out into the residential neighborhoods from the waterfront business district on Main and Front streets.